Friday, April 10, 2020

Builders of Egypt: Prologue Game Review


I love building simulators and begin blending to travel back in time to old Egypt and the life of the pharos and learn about the ancient world has also ways been interesting to me. A little over a year ago I stumbled over a new indie game, Builder of Egypt. I was immodestly impress with what I saw and I was super excited for this games release. As of March 2nd, 2020 Strategy Labs released the very first prologue demo of the game and I was super excited to play this game. So for today, I will be reviewing Builders of Egypt Prologue!  So let's get started!

Builders of Egypt: Prologue - City

Game Description
Builders of Egypt: Prologue is a city-building economic strategy taking place in the Nile Valley. Immerse yourself in a world full of pyramids, where you will become a part of the ancient world. Create history, be history!

Builders of Egypt: Prologue - Fire Station Reach

Gameplay
The gameplay was super simple and straight forward.  The first part of this game is an introduction on how to build and develop your city.  It has a built in tutorial to explain what you need to do and how you can achieve it each mission without taking away the challenge of building up your resources yourself.  I found this to be very useful to help the player move forward in the game.  However if you want to go rouge and figure things out on your own you do have the option to do this as well.

Builders of Egypt: Prologue - Your City

Graphics
The graphics look amazing as always.  The lush green trees and bushes that decorate the game and gorgeous and really add a sense of life to the sandy deserts that the game is located in.  I can already imaging the prospect that this would could give if this is what was seen centuries ago.  The amount of detail that went into this game is breathtaking and I cannot wait to play more of this game.


Builders of Egypt: Prologue - World Map

Challenges
At the moment there is only one challenge available in the game the you can play.  The goal of this challenge is to accumulate the a specific amount of the currency (Bread), produce resources, and create objects with the resources available.  I love trying to figure out the best way to help not only take care of my citizens but to also develop the objects need to complete these objects.

At this moment, there is no save option so if get to a certain point where you must quit the game before completing the mission, then you will sadly loose everything.  I sadly, I have yet to complete this mission and that is due to not being able to save.  As well as going broke and too much pottery that no one wants to buy.

Thank you everyone for reading!  I had so much fun playing the game.  Even though it was difficult I was up for the challenge.  If you want to check out this game for yourself then you can download the Builders of Egypt Prologue on Steam.  If you looking for more games to play then check out my Game Reviews page as it hold all the links to my reviews!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment