Friday, March 12, 2021

Nancy Drew Treasure in the Royal Tower Review


It's getting warm outside and I still want to hold on to winter cool for just a little bit longer, and what better way to do that than to play Nancy Drew Treasure in the Royal Tower! This is the fourth case in the Nancy Drew series and it is also the first and only game that we get to meet Professor Hotchkiss!  Treasure in the Royal Tower was released by Her Interactive in July 24th, 2001.  So let's get started!

Treasure in the Royal Tower: Hotel's Main Desk

Game Description
Follow Ancient Clues to Find Marie Antoinette’s Legendary Secret!

While snowed-in at the Wickford Castle Ski Resort you, as Nancy Drew, are trapped in a place that’s as strange as its history. The castle is a riddle, full of dead-ends and detours that hint at a legend left behind by Marie Antoinette! Solve baffling puzzles, search concealed rooms, interview evasive suspects, and sidestep danger on the hunt for a secret that the doomed queen was desperate to hide in Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower.

Treasure in the Royal Tower: Professor Hotchkiss

Storyline
Out of all the storylines, there is nothing better than playing Nancy stumbling upon a mystery while on vacation.  I always feel that it really help keep everything in perspective and allow all the facts and pieces fall into place.  I absolutely love how HeR chose to incorporate Marie Antoinette in the game, especially when it comes to her crown jewels.  Overall, I really enjoyed the storyline and how it came together in the end.

Treasure in the Royal Tower: Secret Garden

Puzzles
When it comes to the puzzles in this game, I find that they are very simple and easy to solve.  Each puzzle is based on the surrounding in the game, with most of the answers are hidden in plain sight.  For example, Ezra's secret garden gate is a simple unlocking puzzle that requires you to spin the center part of the door until the door opens.  I honest love this game because of its simple and easy to solve puzzles.  Unlike some of the other games, there aren't a ton of puzzles in this game but I think thats what makes this game fun since the main focus is trying to piece together the story from centuries ago into what happening in present day.

Treasure in the Royal Tower: Hotel Second Floor Hallway

World/Graphics
The world in this game is absolutely amazing.  The amount of detail put into this castle makes it so realistic.  I honestly remember wanted to be able to go and explore all the guest rooms in the castle as well as the other rooms on the lower level.  Honestly, there are so many doors that I question what could bee behind half of them.  Though I know most of the upper level would probably be guest rooms but I'm really curious what could behind the rest.  The outside section in the game was also amazing and so pretty, I remember I was so excited when I was finally able to go out and explore the castle grounds.

Thank you everyone!  I love playing this game so much as this game is one of my favorite games to play every winter.  If you want to see more of my Nancy Drew related posts, check out all my Nancy Drew posts!  Also check out my other Game Reviews for new recommendations of games that I have played.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment