Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Wylde Flowers Demo Review


During the Steam Fest event, one of the first games that I ever played was Wylde Flowers. It was the first one that caught my eye and I couldn't believe I had never seen the game before then. So, I knew I had to play it!  After watching the beginning intro I knew I was going to love this game!  Wylde Flowers is developed and published by Studio Drydock Pty Ltd, and is being released on Steam and Nintendo Switch on September 20, 2022.  So let's get started!

Wylde Flowers: Tara Riding a Broomstick

Game Description
"Join Tara on a heartfelt journey to become a witch in Wylde Flowers. Farm by day, and cast spells by night as you craft your cottagecore life and bond with your coven. Come to know and love the fully voice acted characters of Fairhaven, as you unravel a local mystery."

Wylde Flowers: Fairhaven Town's People

Storyline
The game first starts off with Tara arriving on a boat to Fairhaven, on a quest to help her grandmother's farm.  After arriving, you get to meet some new and familiar faces in the town as they help guide Tara to her grandmothers house.  After arriving on the farm you can see it needs a lot of work to get back to what it used to be when Tara was growing up, but she up to the challenge to rebuild the family farm, and reclaim her magic in the town's Witch coven!

Wylde Flowers: Family Garden

Farming
I absolutely love how the farming was set up in this game.  In the beginning, you have four plots where you get to plant your first set of crops.  You can go into town and buy seeds to plant on your farm and once everything is grown, then you can take that same produce and sell it or use it in recipes!  I know that you couldn't do this in the demo but in full game you will eventually get the chance to build the barn and raise baby animals!  I'm so excited for this feature in the game!  Along with the mission of growing your crops, you are also tasked with collection mushrooms and other vegetation and materials around the island to complete different tasks.

Wylde Flowers: Unknown Area In Fairhaven

World/Graphics
The world was absolutely gorgeous!  The design and colors were so bright and full of life.  Even when the sun was going down on Fairhaven, it gave the land such a calming and peaceful feeling after a hard day at work on the farm.  There's so much to explore with the mountains, the beach, the town!  I know that I only hit the tip of the iceberg when playing the demo and I cannot wait to discover more.  One of these unknown locations is pictured above.  It looks like its a small little underground town full of magic and I cannot wait to get the change to see it in the game!

Wylde Flowers: Fairhaven Diner

Music/Soundtrack
The music in this game is so cute!  I absolutely loved it and would just sit and listen to it forever if I could.  It's really fit the mode Fairhaven has of being a happy and friendly place.  I know that there was some spooky music in the game as well and I loved how it gave just a hint of something mysterious going on in the background before it's finally revealed later in the game.  No spoilers, if you want to find out about this mystery then I would highly recommend checking out the demo on Steam!

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone for reading!  I absolutely love this game and cannot wait to see everything once its been fully released!  I will be keeping an eye one it so that I can play more of this wonderful storyline!  If you want to check out the game for yourself then you can check out the links I've listed below!  If you want, check out the other games that I've reviewed over on my Game Reviews page for other games that I've enjoyed!

Studio Drydock Links


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment