Friday, March 27, 2020

ANNO 1800 Review


I love simulation building and and I have a specially place in my heart for the 1800's. Anno 1800 is the doorway to both of these and I cannot tell you how much I enjoy playing this game.  Anno 1800 was developed by Blue Byte and published by Ubisoft on April 16th, 2019.  After almost a year of the game being released, I'm finally writing a review for all the content released as of March 20th, since I own all the DLC up until the Season 2 Pass, which is being released on March 24th. So let's get started!


ANNO 1800: Town Port

Game Description
"PIONEERS OF A NEW DAWN

Lead the Industrial Revolution in Anno 1800!

Welcome to the dawn of the Industrial Age. The path you choose will define your world. Are you an innovator or an exploiter? A conqueror or a liberator? How the world remembers your name is up to you.

In Anno 1800, players will take charge of their own fortune as they navigate the rapidly evolving technological landscape and malicious political arena of the 19th century in their quest to build an empire that will reach from the smog-filled cities of Europe to the teeming jungles of South America.

Combining beloved features with innovative gameplay, Anno 1800 is the beginning of a new era for the Anno franchise as players leave their mark on a crucial moment in human history."


ANNO 1800: Country Farming

Gameplay
You could say that I learn how to play these games very quickly.  The game play is super fun and simple to play especially with the updates that the ANNO 1800 team has implemented to make the game easier and more complete for players new and old.  I love just everything about it!  However, I have still yet to learn how to manage my community properly hopefully it I will learn it quickly.  Hopefully with the new management system I will understanding it a bit more and I won't constantly run into debt in every game I play in the storyline.

ANNO 1800: Great Exhibition

Storyline
I loved exploring the storyline in the game as we help our sister build up our fathers legacy, with the help of friends and alliances we have built in the game.  I will admit I haven't gotten very far in the storyline due to my journey ending at the island that your father sold as I seem to loose balance on both island and cannot afford anything.  Maybe one day, and a tone of Anno play thoughts later, I will succeed in the storyline and finally complete the ending.

ANNO 1800:  City Zoo

Extra Content (DLC)
(Season 1 Pass, Holiday Pack, Deluxe Pack)
I love everything about the DLC packs.  Especially the content that focus on decorations to your city.  I will admit I have fully explored all the DLC, since I haven't finished it but I still love finding new things to explore.  So far I have used all the holiday pack items in my game which makes all of my ANNO cities feel like a Christmas City.  I loved exploring all the new island in the Sunken Treasures Map.  Though I ended loosing my original save when I reach this new world.  I will admit I have not played The Passage yet since I had to start over, I am super excited to play it!

ANNO 1800: City Museum

Music
I love the music in this game. Its peaceful, calming, well until your town accidentally starts a fire and scares you into thinking you're cities going to burn down.  The music is a roller coaster of emotions depending which song is playing.  I love listing to it and I'm happy that I bought the extra DLC set to have my own copy of the music.


Thank you everyone for reading!  I super happy that I've finally review ANNO 1800 and all the DLC that is released.  I also cannot wait for the Season 2 Pass for the game as well.  Maybe when I can finally get my hands on a copy that I will review it as well.  If you want to get the game for yourself along with the DLC you can buy it over on the Ubisoft Store or Epic Games.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment