Monday, March 23, 2020

Entertaining Video Games When Your Stuck At Home


Right now, we all just want a break from how chaotic life is. We all just want to relax and figure out what we can do while many of us are either social distancing or isolating ourselves during this difficult time. Well for todays post, I'm going to be sharing 50 games/series that will give you and your family hours of fun that can be educational and entertaining for the whole family.  So let's get started!
Before I get stared in my game suggestions, I did end up running out of games that are rated E or E10+ so there will be a few Teen rated games and maybe one Mature rated game for a slightly older audience.  I will also try and keep the list short by only naming the series instead of just all individual games.  I hope that there is a game in here that everyone can enjoy!


ANNO 1800 (PC)
ANNO 1800 is a wonderful building game, though this game is more of a one player building simulation game, I find that you can use this game as a way to teach business and ethics on how a city structure can be built from the ground up in the 19th century.  Right now I'm taking a international business and a finance course and I have found so many aspect in the game related to my course work.  Though it doesn't substitute what you learn in these super level college classes, it does introduce these topics.  If you want to get the game for yourself along with the DLC you can buy it over on the Ubisoft Store or Epic Games.




Jack Keane (PC)
(Rated T)
This is a new game to my library. Jack Keane is a 2007 point-and-click adventure game developed by Deck13 Interactive.  Which focus on a man named Jack Keane during Colonial England.  This game sound absolutely amazing and looks like so much fun.  If you want to get the game for yourself you can get it on sale on Steam.



Nancy Drew Game Series

(33 PC Games / Rated E and E10+)
For this suggestion, I could not put just one game as there are over 33 games that encourage the player to hone their critical thinking and problem solving skills. As you and your family play as the famous amateur detective Nancy Drew, you will get to explore amazing locations all around the world with fun and interactive puzzles.

I would highly recommend playing all the games, especially the older ones since they are some of my favorite in the series.  Such as: Treasure In the Royal Tower, Curse of Blackmoor ManorSecret of the Old Clock, and Warnings at Waverly Academy.  However, I love playing all the games but few that I listed are my some of my favorites.  You can buy these amazing game directly at Her Interactive which will give you a free Strategy Guide, or you can buy them on Steam Her Interactive page.




Sherlock Holmes Series
(8 Games/ Range From PC / PS4 / Xbox One / Rated Range From T to M )
There are so many Sherlock Holmes game that you can play over on steam or console.  I loved playing the two newer games Crimes and Punishments and The Devils Daughter.  However, there is a free Sherlock Holmes game you can play, The Mystery of the Mummy, it is the only game available for free over on Steam.  You can also find all the new and older games on Steam and the two newest games (Crimes and Punishments & The Devils Daughter) on PS4.



Stardew Valley

(PC/Mac/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch/Tablet / Rated 7+)
Stardew Valley is a great fun and relaxing game.  Focusing on your character moving the the wonderful town of Stardew Valley to begin your life and a farmer.  This game is great to play together using the multiplayer feature (Up to 4 players, each with there own separate device on the same platform) or you can all share.  You can get your own copy over on SteamPS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and for your tablet.



Syberia Series
(3 PC / Mac Games, 1 PS4 Version / Rated T)
I love playing Syberia with my family.  I remember when we played the first two games years ago.  With the third game being released a few years ago, this game series is an adventure waiting to happen.  The game focus on Katie Walker as she travels to remote locations and time periods to discover her true destiny.  You can get all three the game on Steam and you can also get the third game on PS4.



Treasure Island By The Adventure Company (PC)
(Rated 12+)
 This game is based off the classic Robert Louis Stevenson story.  This game is full of adventure and puzzles. Though the game is a little more difficult to come by, I would highly recommend playing it if you ever can get your hands on a copy of the game.  Sadly you cannot get a digital copy of the game.  If you want to get the game for yourself, then you can find a copy over on Amazon.  You could also find a copy on Ebay if they are available.




UNO By Ubisoft

(PC/PS4/Xbox One/Printed Card Deck)
Though this game isn't really educational, it certainly is a tone of fun for the whole family.  My family and I love playing Uno together, especially on our PS4 were we can all connect our iPads and play together.  We love the different cards and rules that we can play with and its just hours of fun!  You can also play the printed card deck if you want to as well.  You can get Uno from the Ubisoft Store, Steam (Will need a Ubisoft Account to play.), PS4, Xbox One, or a printed deck.




Woven The Game
(PC/Mac/PS4/Xbox One / Rated 7+)
Woven is a game that I personally hold close to my heart. Woven focuses on a cute and clumsy little Woolen creature named Stuffy and his new robotic friend Glitch who has lost is memory. Together they look for answers on where the other woolen creates are, where the other woolen creatures are, and what glitch has to do with their disappearance. Check out my Woven The Game Review to read my whole review on the game. You can get your copy of Woven over on Steam, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.

Thank you everyone for reading!  I hope these suggestions help fill the time with fun and adventure as I have enjoyed playing all of these games over the years!  I would love to know, what games on my list are you planing on playing or are there games not on my list that your playing?  Let me know down in the comments below as I would love to know.  Also I would kindly ask that you share this post with everyone so everyone can have some fun game to play.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment