Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Fluffy and Soft Donuts Recipe


For todays Blogmas post.  I have decided to share my new favorite recipe for soft, melt in your mouth doughnuts.  But don’t tell anyone ok, this will be our little secret.  Now before I continue, this is not my recipe.  I found this recipe over at The 350 Degree Oven and now I’m sharing my find with you.

These have to be the best doughnuts that I have ever mad at home.  The last time I made doughnuts at home, I basically wanted to throw them out the window because of how frustrating they were, nothing was turning out right  But now, I no longer have those issues with this new recipe!

Now before you start making these wonderful pieces of heaven, know that it takes a total of 3 hours to make these doughnuts because of needing time to rise.  I would highly recommend you waking up bright and early so that you can eat them before noon.  To make this recipe even easier all you need to do is stick all of the ingredients in a bread maker and its good to go.  However if you don’t have a bread maker don’t worry you can still make these with a stand mixer.


Sadly, I wasn't able to take my own photo of these wonderful doughnuts so I'm re-sharing the one that came with the recipe and yes they do look like this as long as you don't over cook them.

Fluffy and Soft Doughnuts:

Makes about 24 doughnuts

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups of Flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tbsp Butter, (softened)
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Egg
2 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
1/2 Cup Tangzhong

Tangzhong:
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Water

Glaze:
3 Cups Powder Sugar
1/2 Cups Water or Milk
4 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Instructions:
1.  Before you mix anything. You first need to make the Tangzhong.  In a small sauce pan heat the flour and water mixture over medium heat until thickens and swirls lines begin to form.

2.  Now measure out your dry ingredients and mix it together in other a standing mixer for 15 minutes or you can use your bread machine to mix your ingredients together.  Just set your bread mixer to dough and let it mix until the timer is up.

3.  Now let your dough rise for 45 minutes.  Once it does punch it down and then let it set for another 30-40 minutes.  Do not chill the dough as it will affect how your doughnuts and try not to play with the dough too much.

4.  Once the dough finishes rising for the second time, roll out your dough on a floured surface to avoid it sticking to your counter to 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.  You can cut the doughnuts with either round cookie cutters or you can use a glass and either a bottle cap or a piping tip.

5.  Now let the cut dough rise for another hour.

6.  Once your doughnuts have finished there last round of rising, prepare your frying oil.  Make sure you have enough oil in your pot or fryer so that the doughnuts can’t touch the bottom.  This will keep your doughnuts from going flat.  Heat your frying oil to about 375F or 190C.

7.  Now while you wait for the oil to heat, prepare your glaze or other doughnut topping.  Once thats done you can start preparing a tray for your doughnuts to sit after they finish frying.  I would highly recommend you turn on your oven to its lowest setting so that they stay nice and warm.

8.  Once the oil is heated, you can now cook them for 30-45 second on each side or until golden brown.  I would recommend using a thermometer so that your temperature its not to hot or to cool.

9.  Once you're doughnuts have cooled enough to pick up, you can then dip them in the glazed and place them on a cookie sheet to finish cooling.

Thank you everyone for reading.  The second I tried these doughnut I was in heaven.  They are so light and fluffy, they taste just like Crispy Cream.  I hope these turn out well for you too.  You could even make these for breakfast on Christmas which is what I'm planing on doing.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment