Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What to Bake This Christmas 2018



When it comes to the holidays there are so things to make that you normally wouldn’t make in the off season of the holidays.  Well, this year I plan on baking anything and everything I can this year, I want to make as many desserts as I can before the end of the holiday season.  Now all I have to do is figure out what to bake this year.

Cookies
Cookies have to be one of the simplest things to make, well unless your like me and try to make the most complicated cookies ever by trying to decorate them with royal icing.  Anyway, there are so many different types of cookies you can make this holidays season.  A few suggestions are Rolled Out Sugar Cookies (which I have a recipe for), chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, and many more.

Cakes or Cupcakes
Making a Christmas cake has to be one of my most favorite things to bake during the holidays.  I just love playing with all the designs I can come up with, and after falling in love with my 6-inch pans I can make even more cakes than before!

Pies
Just over the last 3 months, I’ve been experimenting with pie.  My favorite being a dutch apple pie, I’ve just had so much fun with making the pie filling.  The crust one of the hardest parts to make for a pie.  I’ve had a ton of fun baking these even if they do not turn out exactly the way I want.  They still taste delicious and are yummy and fresh.

Barks
Every year I always want to try and make a Christmas bark.  One full of pretty Christmas colors.  Well, hopefully this is the year that I make one!  Taking some simple chocolate and filling it with candies, sprinkles, and other small treats.  I 

Fudge
Now you can have Christmas without fudge.  This has to be my third favorite treat to make (Cake being at first and cookies at second.).  I’ve always make fudge from a box because I just want to make a quick recipe.  Well, hopefully this year I will make one from scratch.

Thank you for reading. I hope my list of baked goodies ideas help inspire you this holiday season.  I just love baking and every time I write one of these post it makes me hungry thinking of all the possibilities.  So what do you like to bake during the holidays?  I would love to know.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment