Thursday, December 13, 2018

Simple Ways to Decorate a Christmas Cake


As Christmas is coming closer my baking itch is starting up again to the point of where all I want to do is bake a cake.  Well, this year I’m going to share a few design idea that anyone can make!  Any of these designs will fit any recipes you want to create for your very own Christmas cake.  So let's get started!

Drip Cake
I love drip cakes they have to be one of my new favorite cake designs I have ever made.  I’m not the best when it comes to decorating.  I just take my frosted cake and take either chocolate chips or colored candy melts and mix it with heavy cream and I have a lovely drip on top.  Making any kind of drip is super easy, but it takes a bit of measurement.  By taking one part of chocolate chips and one part of heavy cream you can have a lovely drip in minutes.

(Ganache Tip:)
Making a drip is super simple and easy.  All you have to do is make sure your measurement of cream and chocolate or candy melts are the same.  I would highly recommend using a scale to measure both and have it set to grams as its easier than trying to convert any measurements.  All you have to do it mix it until the chocolate it melted or the cream is warm enough to finish the melting without using heat.

Naked Cake
This cake style has been super popular to do over the last few years.  It great for people who want a classy cake design but without a ton of frosting.  I love making these kinds of cakes since I’m not a huge fan of eating a ton of frosting.

Bundt Cake
If you want to avoid frosting a cake all together.  Then you can easily make a cute and yummy bundt cake and top off your cake with a chocolate ganache drip or use powder sugar.  I love doing this as its simple and easy and its always looks great when you go to eat it.  I also love adding in a few extras into the cake like a Carmel syrup and a chocolate fudge type syrup.

Cupcakes
If you don’t want to frost a whole cake but still want just a small bit of cake you can easily take your cake batter and make cupcakes!  You can decorate your cupcakes to look like little Santa hats using red frosting or make green frosting wreathes with sprinkles on for decorations.

Thank you everyone for reading.  I hope my ideas on some simple cake designs have helped you this holiday season.  I have made each and everyone of these cake designs for one event or another and this holiday season I hope to make one of these designs this year.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment